Phase 1: 0-2 weeks
- Wound care as outlined on the Shoulder Arthroscopy Rehabilitation page
- An abduction splint (which holds the arm away from the body) will be applied before you wake up from the operation.
- Do not remove this splint on day one
- Do not attempt to lift the arm off the splint
- You will need assistance to hold the arm for washing etc. The splint can be replaced by a large rolled up towel under the armpit for showering. Do not actively lift the arm up to position the towel
- Do not attempt any antigravity exercise until 4 weeks
- Do not remove the splint until instructed to do so